6 topics that you should concentrate on for RHCE exam
Certification: Apple Xsan Administrator - Xsan Administrator certification
RHCE certification is one of the best certifications which have been offered by Red-Hat. The primary purpose of this certification is to make sure that the candidate gets all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to carry out the process of administration, management and configuration of Red-Hat technologies. This certification caters to a technical and advanced level and will assess the abilities of the candidate in depth. In this regard, the candidate should make sure that he has good concepts, skills, knowledge and practice required to acquire this certification.
This certification comes with only one exam, which is referred to as the RHCE exam. This exam needs to be cleared in order to acquire this certification. However, one should also keep in mind that the RHCSA exam, which is related to system administration, is also a prerequisite for this exam. In this regard, some of the skills gained by the candidate in the RHCSA exams will also be assessed in this exam. Hence, it is important to get to know all of the important topics and prepare for them accordingly.
The RHCE exam comes with a number of topics which the candidates will be evaluated on. However, there are certain topics which are more important that other ones and carry a higher weightage. In this regard, it is important to concentrate more on these topics in order to perform well in the exam.
Following are the 6 topics you should concentrate on for RHCE Exam.
1. System Configuration and Management
This can be termed as the most important topic which has been included in the RHCE exam. In this regard, the candidate should try to concentrate on this topic and allocate the most time to it. This topic will check how well the candidate is able to configure and maintain various Red-Hat technologies. In addition to this, it will also evaluate the management skills of the candidates with respect to managing the devices. Following sub topics are included in this topic:
- Configuration of IPv6 addresses and their troubleshooting. The candidate should have considerable amount of knowledge regarding IPv6 addresses as well.
- The candidate should be able to carry out the process of routing IP traffic and creating static routes.
- Production and delivering of reports regarding the system usage.
- Be familiar with the process of automation of system maintenance tasks using shell scripting.
- Configuration of a system log to remote system.
There are also a number of sub topics in this topic, but these are the most important.
2. Network Services
This is another important topic which requires a considerable amount of concentration. The candidates should be able to manage and operate a number of network services which are related to Red-Had technologies. This will be related to the configuration and installation of various devices, packages etc. Following are the sub topics which lie under this topic:
- How to install the packages which are needed in order to provide service
- Configuration of SELinux in order to support service
- Configuration of the service for basic operations
- Configuration of user-based and host-based security for the service
- Set the service to start up whenever the system in booted
These are all of the topics which are included under the heading of network services. The candidate should provide a considerable amount of concentration to these topics.
DNS is also referred to as Domain Name System. It is the system which allows you to find the corresponding IP Address to each domain name. Whenever an IP Address is added to this system, it maintains a corresponding domain name. All of this information is added in a relational database. So whenever a user requests a particular domain by entering the domain name, this system looks for the corresponding IP Address and then redirects the user towards that IP Address. There are a number of components which are involved in the DNS system. This means that this system is of great significance and should be maintained in a good way. This is the reason why DNS is one of the most important topics in this certification. Following are the subtopics which lie under the heading of DNS:
- The ability to configure an appropriate name server
- The ability to troubleshoot any issues which might occur with DNS. This is important to ensure that the system runs perfectly and does not cause any problems.
4. Database Services
There are a number of databases which are involved in the system. It is very important to be able to maintain all those databases in a good way. In addition to this, it is also important to figure out any issues or problems with the databases and resolve them immediately. This is important in order to safeguard all of the information which has been stored in these databases. Following are the sub-topics which have been included under this topic:
- Installation and configuration of Maria DB
- Restoration and backup of a database. Backing up is important to ensure that a copy of the data remains secure.
- Creation of a simple database schema
- Performance of simple SQL queries with a database
HTTP is one of the most widely used protocols in the process of networking. The candidate should be familiar with its working and operation. HTTPS is quite similar to HTTP but only has a layer of security added on to it. Following are the sub-topics which come under this heading:
- Configuration of virtual host
- Configuration of private directories
- Configuration of group-managed content
- Configuration of TLS security
SSH is also referred to as Secure Shell. It is used to add a layer of security to the data which is transmitted over the network. It is also one of the most important topics for this exam. Following are the sub-topics which lie under this topic:
- The process of configuration of key-based authentication
- Configuration and usage of any additional options